Translate

Mar 7, 2014

Somewhere I call home

My head is spinning... 
I wandered in the airport all day, walking next to each gate, looking at the destination it is promising its passengers. When I see these people, all I think about is stories. Stories, stories, stories that people transport with them from a city to another, from a life to another.  Some of them are finalizing the last chapter while others have just started the plot. When you travel, you have a purpose, even if you are aware of it or not. There is a reason, a motivation that pushes your limit to cross your confort zone.  All these people's impulses make the airport such a special place to wander in. I can feel all the energy around. Sad trip. Business trip. Vacation trip. Honey moon trip. Decision making trip. Big trip. Confused trip. Research trip. Everybody is looking for something to see, to know, to meet, to learn, to teach, to grow, to discover. 
"Sweet dreams are made of this
Who am I to disagree
I travel the world and the seven seas
Everybody's looking for something. "
8:00 pm - Boarding all passengers from Detroit, destination to Sao Paulo.  

I just got in the plane. I sat down on my 5 degree inclined chair and a basic question hit me. Why is it we travel?  When you think about it, it gets harder and harder determining if we are actually going away or coming back... This is where the concept of home comes in place. 

Home is a very blurry statement. It can be a place you spent most of your lifetime at… as well as a land you just set foot on.For some people, it’s where your family and friends are. For others, it’s where your dreams make the most sense. A place that allows you to grow wings. 

Is home really a geographical place? A concrete wooden house, a city or country you’d need a passport to get to? What is that factor that makes you feel at home?

In my opinion, we are all as lucky as turtles, if we decide to realize it. We often forget that us too, are carrying home with us. Everywhere we go. Think about it, all you’ll ever need is up there, in the infinite and limitless possibilities of our mind. If you define home by family and friends, their memory is forever printed within you. If you need dreams and wings, well they can only take source from your inner self, from your imagination and your guts. 

When you let your mind go on a trip of its own, be aware of where it wanders. Let it go and notice. Where does it tend to always come back to? Home is a state of mind that few of us are aware of its existence. We seek confort in houses, but true peace comes from a intangible state only you can know about.

Home is somewhere within. Once you find it, you’ll be boundless and free.

Funny enough, when I finished to type this and closed my laptop, I decided to watch some Ted shows presented on the  Delta Airline's TV. I bumped into this interesting video, which combined perfectly with my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment